Emotional Guidance and Support
Have you and your spouse made the difficult decision to divorce?
Do you feel overwhelmed and worried that you won’t be able to effectively advocate for yourself?
Are you unsure exactly what you want from your divorce proceedings?
Are you worried about your kids and want to put their needs first and foremost?
Divorce is an emotional, social, spiritual, and financial journey. You may be feeling overwhelmed with confusion and fear. You are going to have to make decisions that will affect you, your family, and your finances for years to come. You do not get a Do-Over in divorce, so trying to do this alone and possibly making mistakes could create regrets, anger and resentment that can be costly both financially and emotionally.
What if you had an expert to walk down this path with you so that you had the guidance to process all the difficult emotions you may be feeling and the support to confidently make decisions? That’s where our Divorce Coaches can help you.
A Divorce Coach is a mental health professional who has experience in issues related to separation, divorce and co-parenting. The coach has training and expertise in family dynamics, communication skills, and the mediation process. This background enables the coach to help one or both members of a divorcing couple deal with the emotional and psychological challenges of their divorce. Although the coach uses therapeutic skills, the coach does not function as a therapist in this role.
A Divorce Coach can Help You
Divorce coaching is a safe place for you to express your feelings and concerns. Your Divorce Coach will be there to support you, especially when things seem rocky. No matter how difficult the proceedings seem, our Coaches will help you stay in touch with your values and goals as you navigate the mediation process.
- Prepare for the issues you will face – many of which you may have never even thought about;
- Deal with the shock, fear, anger, stress, and anxiety that you may be feeling regardless of whether you or your spouse are initiating the divorce;
- Learn how to reduce your grief, anger, anxiety and stress as you make decisions about your future;
- Make decisions with confidence and focus on what matters most to you so that you have the best chance for getting the outcome you desire;
- Understand your spouse’s outlook on an issue even if you don’t agree with it;
- Clarify what is important to you;
- Stay accountable to the goals you have set for your future and that of your children;
- Create a foundation for co-parenting that enables you to act in the best interests of your children;
- Develop communication skills to set you up for successful co-parenting
Ready to Take the Next Step?
At Modern Mediation, we provide full boutique divorce support tailored to your specifications. Move forward in a respectful manner while maintaining control of your outcome.